Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Love


Completed and sent off some more paperwork yesterday and now anxious to hear back that everything was approved. Man, I wish this whole process didn't take so long. My heart is in Ethiopia EVERY day....ALL day....constantly thinking and praying about a sweet little boy (I'm gonna call him "G" for now) and he doesn't even know it yet. It amazes me how you can have so much love for someone you haven't even met. And then I realized....it's simply a mother's undying love for her child! It's exactly the way I felt when my biological children (Jasmine, Michael Jr., Jayla & Malik) were in my belly. I hadn't seen or held them, but yet loved them with every bit of my soul and all of my heart..so much it hurt!! There's no greater gift on earth than being a Mother and I have more than enough love and room in my heart & home to give to a precious child that deserves to have a family of his own and a mother's love!


 I absolutely cannot wait till the day I get to wrap my arms around "G" and look him in the eyes and say  "there are no orphans of God....you are a precious gift and you are loved....we are your forever family...I will always be here for you, I will always be by your side no matter what, I will wipe every tear...I will pray for you...you are no longer alone....I will always be your mother and I will love you all the days of my life!"

As we celebrate the love we have for our mothers this Mother's Day, we're also mindful of the orphans who live each day without knowing a mother's love. For many of these children who are waiting for adoption, the girls are chosen first and the boys keep waiting...and waiting... and waiting. It absolutely breaks my heart! 


Will you help us bring home our son?

Praise God...we have raised around $6,000 so far through donations and the OH fundraiser, but we still have a long way to go. Generally, adoption expenses will total anywhere from $20,000 to $30,000, so from our hearts, we are asking our friends and family to prayerfully consider making a donation to help us bring home our precious son. Any amount is greatly appreciated and truly makes a difference!!

Between Michael and I, we have at least 1000 friends and family and we realized that if everyone gave just $20, we would raise $20,000 for our Adoption!! Wow, what a tremendous blessing that would be! Will you help us get the word out and stand with us in prayer?  I can't begin to tell you how much this means to our family and what a difference you can make in the life of an orphan child. We want to thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little. ~Edmund Burke


In Honor of my Beautiful and Amazing Mom Cindy and ALL of you wonderful Mom's out there....enjoy this beautiful poem and song that just may bring you to tears. ~ xo Crystal
                                                                                           
                                                                              

A Mother's Love

A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

~ Helen Steiner Rice








1 comment:

  1. Crystal - your blog is beautiful! You became a pro fast :-) Even more beautiful than the pictures and designs though are your sweet words and your heart for Ethiopia and the orphans. I've enjoyed talking with you and we will be happy to help you however we can. We look forward to meeting you and your husband and kids face to face soon. Praying for you guys and little "G".

    Blessings,
    Valerie Hulshof
    www.hulshofhuddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete