Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Faith & Love is all you need..God will do the rest!

“Whoever receives a child in My name, receives Me.”
- Matthew 18:5

I don't even know where to begin. There are not enough words to express how Awesome our God is and what our family is feeling right now. April of this year, most of you know that we made the decision to step out in faith and move forward with adoption of an older child from Ethiopia....not knowing where the money was gonna come from at that moment. The Lord has blessed my husband and I both with awesome careers and business, but I mean...with a big family... 4 children...who has an extra $30,000 just sitting around?  LOL!
We DID KNOW however that it was time to stop talking and start doing. I'm telling ya, God would keep me up at night...tugging and tugging at my heart especially for this precious boy you see here.



Couldn't get this verse out of my head.......
Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act.  - Proverbs 24:12

I kept hearing the Lord say...."Don't worry about the how, when and why. Just trust me my child..... faith and love is all you need.....I will do the rest!"

There are many times in our lives when God calls us to go somewhere or do something. He wants us to step out in faith in a situation that seems extremely ridiculous so HE can AMAZE us with what He does. Most of the time we miss out on these exciting opportunities because we are unwilling to move--or let Him move through us. When He asks us to move, He never asks us to go alone. He asks us to move because He wants to go somewhere and He wants us to move with Him!


God touched many hearts and donations started coming in. I was so overwhelmed with joy by the love shown from my friends and people I have never even met. Can't tell you how much every donation meant to our family! I would of course cry every time someone gave....this whole process has been so emotional and life changing!
Anyway, with the donations, we still needed over $20,000 to cover all of the fees for our adoption and it's getting closer and closer to our court date everyday. My husband and I kept praying, believing and we knew without a doubt that God would provide....we just didn't know the how and when.
But when God tells you to do something, HE will provide all the resources necessary to accomplish HIS will.

Sooooo long story short.......
My husband used to play in the NFL and last November, he gets a phone call from his agent that he hasn't talked to in I think like....10 years!!! The agent asked him if he ever played in California and if so....said he could possibly have some money coming to him...something about workers comp in CA. I have no idea and still don't understand it.....but God knew. HE had it all planned and was waiting to surprise us at the very end. Fast forward...we forgot all about it....honestly, didn't even think anything of it....and now that we're down to the wire....getting closer to our court date to meet our precious son.....recently got a phone call from the agent and laywer saying that the settlement was finished and a check was in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!  WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fell to my knees and wept with so much praise and thanksgiving to our awesome God!!!!

Wow!! HE is Always on time!!!!! After all these years....we just now receive this money....a month before we have to leave for Ethiopia?! We are overwhelmed with God's goodness! HE had it all planned for such a time as this!!

On top of it...the Lord increased and blessed my business with record breaking growth and volume in August!

So needless to say.... EVERYTHING for our Adoption was paid for last week!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't our God A-M-A-Z-I-N-G?!

We also want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has donated and prayed for our family!! Our hearts are overjoyed!!!! 


October 29th, we're off to Addis Ababa to finally meet our sweet son face to face! We wake up everyday excited to cross off another day on the calendar.... each day that goes by is a day closer to the moment I've been dreaming of!

I pray that our family's story of Faith touches you in some way! Always know that our God is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think... in Jesus Name!!! - Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment